Liechtenstein’s banks have some CHF 120 billion in client assets under management (2008). This makes the principality an internationally significant financial centre.
• Member of European Economic Area (EEA)
• Geographical proximity to most of the European countries
• Stable legal- and economic system
• AAA-country rating by Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s
• Political continuity and liberal economic policy
• Liberal legislation in business and tax policies
• Broad financial services and strong banking- and insurance system
• Strong, legally anchored banking and insurance secrecy
• Ongoing compliance with international legal standards at small bureaucracy
• Integrated financial market surveillance according to European standards
• Modern infrastructure
• The ONLY country in Europe that has - zero government debt!